Send Me an Email to Book Your Session mikkigrimleyphotography@gmail.com

Go to the "Session Pricing" tab above to book your session.
Utah County Photographer

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Beauty of a Mother

Look through the pictures you have "archived" for your family. How often are you in the pictures? My sister once said to me, when referring to my family blog, that I needed to post pictures of me too and not just my kids. Mother's are definitely under represented in photos.

Mother
[muh-th-er] -noun
1. One person who does the work of twenty. For free.

Mother's you deserve to have your picture taken. Mostly if you have ever looked in the mirror only to see that your shirt is stained and has baby spit up dipped down your shoulder, you forgot to put make up on and already went to the grocery store, and you have a baby booger stuck in the wispy hairs hanging out of your pony tail... then you deserve to have your picture take.You are smart, funny, patient, hard working, and BEAUTIFUL. Women are reluctant to get their photo taken alone... Let me tell you what I think about that. I don't care if you don't use this photo until your funeral. You need a good photo of you as a young mom. The mom that your kids will always remember!

Can you tell I have been thinking about this a lot. I have. Mother's Day evening I couldn't fall asleep, I sat thinking about this idea of gathering a group of women and taking their picture. Well the response was low to say the least.... so I did more coaxing. I am so glad that I still did it. These women are beautiful! And I had a lot of fun taking their photos.

I hope when you take photos of your cute kids you realize the reason your children are so cute is because they are you! They were created from you... if you think your kids are cute (and everyone does)... then you should feel beautiful! Forget being moderate in the estimation of you beauty... Own it. You are beautiful!

Amy: Mother of 2 Girls and 2 Boys

 Anita: Mother of 3 Girls

 Lacey: Mother of 2 Girls and 2 Boys

 Lindsey: Mother of 2 Girls

 Lindsey: Mother of 1 Girl and 2 Boys

 Rachel: Mother of 6 Boys

 Summer: Mother of 2 Girls and 1 Boy

 Tiffany: Mother of 2 Girls


"A Mother is a person who seeing there are 4 pieces of pie for 5 people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." -Tenneva Jordan

Take time for yourself. This was such a fun evening. I would definitely do it again. If you are interested in gathering a group of women for a photo shoot contact me at mikkigrimleyphotography@gmail.com and we can work out the details. I would be willing to do it for a very reasonable cost.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you Mikki!! You are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! Now I'm sad I was too scared to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikki! You are so talented and these women are so beautiful! Could you make me look that good?!

    ReplyDelete